Brake Maintenance Tips
The following inspections and maintenance procedures can help prevent potential brake problems:
- Check brake fluid level at every oil change. Replace fluid according to vehicle Ownerâs Manual recommendations.
- Calipers and wheel cylinders should be checked at every brake inspection and serviced or replaced as required
- Inspect the brake lines for rust, punctures, or visible leaks. (You may be able to do this, but consult a qualified technician if necessary.)
- Check the thickness of your brake pads
The following should be conducted by a qualified technician:
- Inspection of the brake hoses for brittleness or cracking
- Inspection of brake lining and pads for wear or contamination by brake fluid or grease
- Inspection of wheel bearings and grease seals
- Parking brake adjustments (as needed)
- Do GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco offer other grades of brake rotors? Yes, we also offer GM OE Brake Rotors, ACDelco Gold (Professional) Brake Rotors, and ACDelco Silver (Advantage) Brake Rotors.